tutorial/gltf3.C does not work

Hello,
the tutorial/gltf3.C does not work on lxplus:

root [0] .L gltf3.C
root [1] gltf3()
Xlib: extension “GLX” missing on display “lxplus226.cern.ch:25.0”.
Error in TX11GLManager::InitGLWindow: No good visual found!

Error in TRootCanvas::CreateCanvas: GL window creation failed

root [2] Error in TGLHistPainter::DistancetoPrimitive: Attempt to use TGLHistPainter, while the current pad (gPad) does not support gl
Error in TGLHistPainter::DistancetoPrimitive: Attempt to use TGLHistPainter, while the current pad (gPad) does not support gl

What is wrong?
Regards
Oleg

I’m not able to reproduce this.
Can you start glxgears? (this is the name of a small testing program)

which version of ROOT are you using? I do not see any problem on lxplus226

Rene

Hello,
1)
go-211/g/gortchak> glxgears
Xlib: extension “GLX” missing on display “lxplus211.cern.ch:46.0”.
glxgears: Error: couldn’t get an RGB, Double-buffered visual.

2)echo $ROOTSYS
/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.24.00/slc4_ia32_gcc34/root/

3)My PC is under MS Windows and I connect lxplus via Hummingbird(Exceed).

Regards
Oleg

Hi,

[quote=“gortchak”]3)My PC is under MS Windows and I connect lxplus via Hummingbird(Exceed).
[/quote]

I haven’t used eXceed in years. :slight_smile: I just tried gl/gltf3.C and it displayed fine using XMing-Mesa 6.9.0.31 (straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/).

I recently ran into troubles with another GL program and found that regular XMing doesn’t work (XMing-Mesa does as it’s specifically designed for OpenGL). The Cygwin X-Server does also work. All of these are free.

Cheers,
Charles

[quote]Hello,
1)
go-211/g/gortchak> glxgears
Xlib: extension “GLX” missing on display “lxplus211.cern.ch:46.0”.
glxgears: Error: couldn’t get an RGB, Double-buffered visual.
[/quote]
Ok, I think the problem clearly is not in ROOT, as soon as you are not able to start any OpenGL application.

[quote=“gortchak”]Xlib: extension “GLX” missing on display “lxplus226.cern.ch:25.0”.
[/quote]It has nothing to do with lxplus (aka x-client). It says, your X-terminal (aka X-server) can not accept the remote OpenGL client command. What is your X-terminal?

Ummm… I thought I said this three posts up. :smiley:

In case it wasn’t clear: Instead of eXceed, try one of the X servers I mentioned.

Charles

[quote=“cplager”]Ummm… I thought I said this three posts up. :smiley: [/quote]Sorry :blush: . [quote=“cplager”]In case it wasn’t clear: Instead of eXceed, try one of the X servers I mentioned.[/quote]You need to install “eXceed 3D”. 'The basic eXceed does not support GLX protocol indeed :confused:
( connectivity.hummingbird.com/pro … html?cks=y
mimage.hummingbird.com/alt_conte … eed_3d.pdf )

disregard :blush:

Hello,

Hummingbird 3D is installed on the my PC, I’ve checked it:
“Hummingbird Exceed 3D 2007 Installed”

Regards
Oleg

Hello,

Now it’s OK

as I installed Hummingbird 3D several days ago but I’ve found that OpenGL in my Hummingbird was disabled. I’ve done Enabled and now
that tutorial example is woRking when I am on LXPLUS.

Regards
Oleg