Turn off ROOT verbosity on pyroot

Hello rooters,

sorry for asking again about turning off ROOT verbosity but I’m straggling with it
since two days ago.
So, as i said, I would like to dismiss ROOT info like:
Info in TCanvas::Print: png file FILE has been created
I’m writing a PyROOT code so I’m using gErrorIgnoreLevel function but it doesn’t seem to work at all.
I tryed several ways:

gErrorIgnoreLevel = 1000    #2000
gROOT.ProcessLine("gErrorIgnoreLevel = 1000;")     #2000

No one of them works. I’m using the last version of ROOT and python 2.7 (for some reason).
The interpreter doesn’t bother with errors or missing libraries even though I found nothing but only the cmake and make files in my building folder /root-6.20.04/builddir/core/base (I used cmake to compile ROOT) while it is completely different in the source folder (doc, inc, src and so on).
So I’m asking why it gaves me no errors first, and then how to solve the problem.
Thanks in advance!

ROOT Version: 6.20.04
Platform: Ubuntu 16.04
Compiler: gcc 5.4.0
Python:: 2.7

Hi @gyoice88.
You can try increasing the value of gErrorIgnoreLevel as suggested in this post to 6001 or directly to kFatal. Remember that in Python ROOT global variables are accessible under the ROOT module, e.g.

ROOT.gErrorIgnoreLevel = ROOT.kFatal

Then

Does this mean that you do not want to use python2 ? Have you built ROOT with python2 perhaps?

But from the path you posted /root-6.20.04/... it seems to me you’re not. Since ROOT 6.22 we support multi-python builds, e.g. if your system has both python2 and 3 ROOT will be built with support for both versions. Find more information at ROOT, Python and PyROOT.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.