<TUnixSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library

I am obviously doing some obvious mistake, or just going in circles slowly today:

what i do:
1)start root
2)then load my library and compile the script:
root [0] gSystem->Load(“libGutLib.so”)
(int)1
root [1] .L plot_php.C+
Info in TUnixSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library /rubinsky/Analysis_ela_php/./plot_php_C.so
Error: Symbol GDIMuonFit is not defined in current scope /rubinsky/Analysis_ela_php/plot_php.C:82:
Error: Symbol GPtRelFit is not defined in current scope /rubinsky/Analysis_ela_php/plot_php.C:83:

running the script in batch mode goes fine
root -q -b plot_php.C

can anyone tell me what I did not do, or did wrong?
comments are highly appreciated
thanks

Hi,

you need to load the libraries containing GDIMuonFit and GPtRelFit before you can build the library using them, otherwise ACLiC will doesn’t know what to link against.

Cheers, Axel.

[quote=“Axel”]Hi,

you need to load the libraries containing GDIMuonFit and GPtRelFit before you can build the library using them, otherwise ACLiC will doesn’t know what to link against.

Cheers, Axel.[/quote]

that’s exactly what I am doing in
root [0] gSystem->Load(“libGutLib.so”)

and I see that the GDIMuonFit and GPtRelFit are loaded. however they are not picked up by aclic :open_mouth:

still no clue :confused:

root [1] .L plot_php.C+ Info in <TUnixSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /rubinsky/Analysis_ela_php/./plot_php_C.so Error: Symbol GDIMuonFit is not defined in current scope /rubinsky/Analysis_ela_php/plot_php.C:82: Error: Symbol GPtRelFit is not defined in current scope /rubinsky/Analysis_ela_php/plot_php.C:83: You must include the correct header file in order to compile with ACLiC (in the same way you need them when compiling directly with the compiler) …

Cheers,
Philippe.

yahoo!
thx :stuck_out_tongue: