TTree::Print - doesn't know complex types

Hi,
When I run TTree::Print on most of my branches (that are simple) I see something like the following in the output:

****************************************************************************** *Br 0 :run : run/i * *Entries : 100 : Total Size= 938 bytes File Size = 99 * *Baskets : 1 : Basket Size= 32000 bytes Compression= 4.77 * *............................................................................*
But when it runs accross something more complex (vector for example), I get this:

*............................................................................* *Br 44 :tperigeeok : * *Entries : 100 : Total Size= 203683 bytes File Size = 6537 * *Baskets : 7 : Basket Size= 32000 bytes Compression= 31.08 * *............................................................................*

I like the first because I get type information. The second not so much because it gives me no clue by looking at it what the variable is. Is there something like Print built into ROOT that will dump more complete information about a TTree and its leaves?

Many thanks!
Cheers, Gordon.

P.S. I’m looking for something easy people can do b/c this is used as input to a simple web program that sorts and analyzes ntuple data for a quick understanding of sizes… so it is hard for me to actually run the users ROOT file with my own custom code - where I do know exactly what to do to get this information.

[quote]Is there something like Print built into ROOT that will dump more complete information about a TTree and its leaves?[/quote]No, there was not, so we added this information to the regular Print in revision 37420 of the trunk.

Cheers,
Philippe.

*............................................................................* *Br 7 :against_my_i.j : Int_t * *Entries : 100 : Total Size= 1096 bytes One basket in memory * *Baskets : 0 : Basket Size= 32000 bytes Compression= 1.00 *

So sweet! Thanks! I’ll add that to my parser tool (deeptalk.phys.washington.edu/ROOTFileAnalyzer/)!