TTree and Entries - Events

Hello,

can someone give me a thorough exlpanation of the TTree - Entries structure? I already read something fro root-guide-v6 in Ch.12…

Is there a general rule or a given structure by which the events of an experiment are written inside the Tree?
Is the most basic method of accessing them this one?

t->Show(); t->Print();

thanks in advance
:confused:

You can try to use the TBrowser and inspect the file.

i know this method, its a basic thing to do in rot, but anyway thank you for your answer

[quote]Is there a general rule or a given structure by which the events of an experiment are written inside the Tree?[/quote]I am not quite sure what you mean or what you are looking for. The data stored in a TTree varies significantly from experiment to experiment and from user to users. What is it that you are trying to achieve?

Philippe.

I am basically referring to root.cern.ch/doc/master/classTT … 3973fdd187

and the manual as I mentioned.
I would like to understand the generic(or general or default) system/method that the TTree class uses to store data, i.e. in the simplest form of a TBranch: it can be type int or vector an so on…
Then what do we call an Entry?

So mostly I would ask far a link to a good description of that - and I sorry to mess around if this is obvious and in front of me but I cannot see it…

:smiley: