Trying to use SetTopLid() using neBEM in Garfield++

Hi, I just started to use neBEM in Garfield++, starting from the examples provided in the “neBEM” directory. Creating a SolidTube I read in the Garfield++ UserGuide that one can remove the lids, so I just wrote the following, simple piece of code:
SolidTube tube(0,0,0,CathodeRadius, CathodeLength/2., 0, 1, 0);
const bool closed = false;
tube.SetTopLid(closed);
tube.SetBottomLid(closed);
But when using ViewGeometry I see the lids are still there. The field profile also shows there are not removed. Could you please tell me what I’m doing wrong? :slight_smile:
Thanks!
Sébastien

Hi,
thanks for your message! That sounds like a bug; will take a look…

OK, thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Sorry for the delay! And thanks for the reminder :wink:

I ran a little test using the attached program which describes a geometry consisting of a tube and a wire inside. As you can see from the attached plots, I get different results for the electric potential with and without lids: with the lids removed, the field extends outside the tube while with the lids closed the potential is forced to zero at the ends of the tube.

ViewGeometry indeed doesn’t distinguish between tubes with and without lids; they are always plotted as solid cylinders. Need to think how one could visualise the lids…

tube.C (1.4 KB)

You’re right, I looked at the geometry in which the lids appear in both cases, and then I too quickly checked the field profile (I did not zoom enough to notice the difference on the field). Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.