Trouble on OS X 10.6.4

Hey,

New to mac and somewhat new to linux and root as well.
Trying to install root on my new iMac

I downloaded the source and configured everything and ran the make file and what not.
also included env vars to bash_profile

[quote]export ROOTSYS=/Users/jared/Library/root
export PATH=$ROOTSYS/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:${ROOTSYS}/lib[/quote]
root opens up and macro scripts seem to run fine

my problem is when I try and compile cpp code

[quote]g++ -c -D_REENTRANT -pthread -m64 -I/Users/jared/Library/root/include analyze.cpp
g++ -o -L/Users/jared/Library/root/lib -lCore -lCint -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lMathCore -lThread -lGui -pthread -Wl,-rpath,/Users/jared/Library/root/lib -lm -ldl analyze analyze.o[/quote]

running the g++ -o … gives me this error

[quote]
ld: warning: in analyze, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: can’t open output file for writing: -L/Users/jared/Library/root/lib, errno=2
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status[/quote]

Can anyone please lend me a hand?

New information… after deleting the original analyze executable from the file (built on a 32-bit system)… I get a different error

I’m doing some research on this issue and not coming up with much…

Hi,

Note that the -o is incorrectly used and you are missing -m64, try:g++ -o analyze -m64 -L/Users/jared/Library/root/lib -lCore -lCint -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lMathCore -lThread -lGui -pthread -Wl,-rpath,/Users/jared/Library/root/lib -lm -ldl analyze.oAlso make sure that you downloaded and/or build a 64 bit version of ROOT.

Cheers,
Philippe.