Trouble installing COAST

I want to install COAST and CORSIKA and need ROOT
I installed root in my /usr/local/ directory defined all environment variables and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. the installed root seems has no problem. BUT when running ./configure for COAST installation it returns:
checking for root… /usr/local/root
checking whether root can be used… no - not binary compatible to selection
though I tried to install it with make install but it returns a set of error messages at the end as(I showed a few lines):
MakeAnim.o: In function main': /root/corsika-6990/coast-interface-v3r2/Histogram/MakeAnim.cc:53: undefined reference togROOT’
/root/corsika-6990/coast-interface-v3r2/Histogram/MakeAnim.cc:53: undefined reference to TROOT::SetStyle(char const*)' ... MakeAnim.o: In functionMakeAnim(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&)’:
/root/corsika-6990/coast-interface-v3r2/Histogram/MakeAnim.cc:242: undefined reference to TObject::operator delete(void*)' MakeAnim.o: In function__static_initialization_and_destruction_0’:
/usr/local/root/include/TVersionCheck.h:34: undefined reference to TVersionCheck::TVersionCheck(int)' ... collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[5]: *** [MakeAnim] Error 1 make[5]: Leaving directory/root/corsika-6990/coast-interface-v3r2/Histogram’
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory /root/corsika-6990/coast-v3r2' make[3]: *** [userlib] Error 2 make[3]: Leaving directory/root/corsika-6990/coast-v3r2’
make[2]: *** [install-exec-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory /root/corsika-6990/coast-v3r2' make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory/root/corsika-6990/coast-v3r2’
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

and does not install at the end.
I do not know all of these is because of thius messages during configure?
… checking whether root can be used… no - not binary compatible to selection …
or there is a problem with coast make file?
I would be appreciate If anyone can help.

[url]Errors plotting with TGraph2D and setting axis titles
[url]Errors plotting with TGraph2D and setting axis titles

I have installed just one ROOT on a fresh ubuntu 12.04 and have no problem using root itself

Hi,

I assume this is a problem with the COAST configure script. Were the COAST developer able to resolve this issue?

Cheers,
Philippe.