Trouble Compiling ROOT 5.34.24 on ARM

Dear all,

I am having some trouble compiling ROOT on my ARM-based laptop. I have checked-out version 5.34.24 using git tag v5-34-24. Then I ran ./configure without issues and make to start the compilation. However it gets stuck with the following error:

bin/rmkdepend -R -fcint/cintex/src/CINTFunctional.d -Y -w 1000 -- -Wall -fsigned-char -fPIC -Iinclude    -pthread -D__cplusplus -- /home/kkrizka/Sources/root-git/cint/cintex/src/CINTFunctional.cxx
g++  -Wall -fsigned-char -fPIC -Iinclude    -pthread -o cint/cintex/src/CINTFunctional.o -c /home/kkrizka/Sources/root-git/cint/cintex/src/CINTFunctional.cxx
/tmp/ccz38TPT.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccz38TPT.s:5064: Error: r13 not allowed here -- `sub sp,fp,#4'
/tmp/ccz38TPT.s:5100: Error: r13 not allowed here -- `sub sp,fp,#4'
make: *** [cint/cintex/src/CINTFunctional.o] Error 1

The Linux version is Ubuntu Trusty, installed in a chroot on a Samsung Chromebook using crouton. I know that it should be possible to compile ROOT on it, since there is a binary in the Ubuntu repository that works. However I need a slightly newer version of ROOT than what is available there.

Hi,

The usual story: ARM != ARM. I could ask the person who provided us with the ARM patch to dig into this. But before we do that - do you even need cintex? You can get rid of it by configure --disable-cintex.

Cheers, Axel.