TRootEmbeddedCanvas Drawing, loosing my drawing

This is a difficult problem to describe.

I have a dialog with a TRootEmbeddedCanvas. (It is a metrological display) I make a drawing in this canvas and then update some elements within the canvas for display. Example: I display wind vectors on a compass rose. The compass rose itself is a drawn element.

I also have another dialog box that does time series strip chart like plots. The primative I use for these is TGraph. Once I start updating this second dialog the orignal compass rose goes away, The vectors update fine. However, what I do with the vectors is each time I delete and redraw them. (This may be overkill to undraw them) I’d welcome a better way to do this.

My main priority is to get the compass rose back.

Regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

Is it possible to reproduce what you are doing without the GUI, e.g. to create drawings in a TCanvas (wind vectors on a compass rose + TGraph object)? The TRootEmbeddedCanvas is a canvas without menus embedded in a frame and should not be a reason of problems you faced on.

Thank you, Ilka

It is very reproducable. Are you asking for me to make a siimple program that illustrates the problem?

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, please provide as simple as possible macro that shows the problem.

Thank you, Ilka