TQtWidget updates only on mouse click

Hey all,

I am building a root based qt application using the TQtWidget class. Right now I am trying to plot points in real time as data is acquired from another thread in the program. Is there a reason why using TGraph::Set and TGraph::SetPoint do not update the plot until clicked?

Sorry I am kind of new to ROOT… any suggestions would be welcomed about the proper way to relay new data to be plotted in the TGraph.

Thanks,
pavlovsky

[quote=“pavlovsky”]Hey all,

I am building a root based qt application using the TQtWidget class. Right now I am trying to plot points in real time as data is acquired from another thread in the program. Is there a reason why using TGraph::Set and TGraph::SetPoint do not update the plot until clicked?

Sorry I am kind of new to ROOT… any suggestions would be welcomed about the proper way to relay new data to be plotted in the TGraph.[/quote]

Welcome to Root. The first suggestion is to post in the right forum. This one is for working applications.

Cheers,
Charles

Thanks for the correction.

[quote=“pavlovsky”]… Sorry I am kind of new to ROOT… any suggestions would be welcomed about the proper way to relay new data to be plotted in the TGraph.

Thanks,
pavlovsky[/quote]I’ve occasionally visited “My ROOT App” forum to discover the "QtRoot-related issue :open_mouth: .
Did you solve it #-o ? If not, please [-o< repost via “ROOT Support” viewforum.php?f=3