‘TPythia8.h’ file not found

I too am trying to run the pythia8.C macro. I installed ROOT before I installed PYTHIA8 on my computer. Should I uninstall and rebuild ROOT?
I have followed all the instructions given in various forums but the macro just does not run. keeps giving me the same error every time.

root/tutorials/pythia/pythia8.C:18:10: fatal error: ‘TPythia8.h’ file not found
#include “TPythia8.h”

Please Help!

@taherburhani You need to rebuild ROOT from scratch, if you get “no” from: root-config --has-pythia8

@Axel It seems that “root-config” got screwed in ROOT 6.26/04. Instead of “no”, it returns “--has-pythia8: unknown feature!”. Please fix it.

Yup confirmed. @bellenot is investigating!

(And @taherburhani I moved your post to a new topic: please don’t respond to old, inactive topics but create a new one. This makes it easier for us to track what we are talking about here.)

FYI, the problem was found and will be fixed soon

So this should be fixed now in the master and v6-26-00-patches branches

@Wile_E_Coyote thank you. I will try building it from scratch. But i am afraid that I might mess up my computer. Also, the command does return me --unknown feature.

We build ROOT from scratch all the time and our computers are doing great :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.