TProof::Process and TProof::Load not consistent

Hi,
I discovered that I can do something like TProof::Load(“macroname.cpp+”), but when I do TProof::Process(“macroname.cpp+”) I get back an error that the extension cpp is not supported. To first order, I woudl expect those two methods to behave consistently.

Also, when I ran TProof::Process(“macroname.cxx”), and it was on a PROOF system with gcc 4.1, and my macro had a missend newline at the end of the file, PROOF totally hung. I had to send a soft reset in order to get it working again. I didn’t test, but I wouldn’t have thought that a build error on the Process connection would have caused PROOF to hang.

I am using the ROOT version 5.27 development source, built on my local machine. Let me know if there are any tests you want me to run to further explore this behavior.

Cheers,
Gordon.

Hi,

Agreed, this has been fixed in the trunk right now.

I managed to reproduced it and I will investigated. Please open a Savannah bug so that it will not be forgotten.

G. Ganis

Hi,

This problem should be fixed in the trunk (r35360).

Thanks for reporting.

G. Ganis

Thanks for your help!!