TMinuit is not working

_ROOT Version: 6.14
_Platform:Mac OSX
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi all,

I am trying to do a chi-square minimization using TMinuit for 2 parameters. But I am continuously getting incorrect value of my FCN (chi^2) which is way off from the expected value. Also, I am keep on getting an error warning in HESSE that my error matrix is not POS-DEF. (I know this might be because of the fact that my parameters are correlated but I have checked it so many times and they are not correlated to each other). Since it’s just two parameters, I tried to write a small minimization routine of my own to see if there is some problem in my function but my minimization routine is working just fine with the same function that I am using in TMinuit. The reason for using TMinuit is because eventually I want to use 4 fit parameters on the same function and my minimization routine would be very inefficient.

The source code is in this file: min_min.C (4.0 KB)
The Output log is in this file: output.txt (2.3 KB)
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I’m not so sure, but to have the right chi-square value you should multiply the FCN value by 2.
Maybe people more expert than me can confirm this statement.

Cheers,
Stefano

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.