TLorentzVector.h not installed

I was trying to install Delphes when this error ocurred:

[code]MG5_aMC_v2_2_3/Delphes-3.1.2$ make

Generating tmp/classes/ClassesDict.cc
Error: cannot open file “TLorentzVector.h” classes/DelphesClasses.h:24:
Error: Symbol TLorentzVector Momentum,Position,Area is not defined in current scope classes/DelphesClasses.h:452:
Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation
!!!Removing tmp/classes/ClassesDict.cc tmp/classes/ClassesDict.h !!!
Error: rootcint: error loading headers…
make: *** [tmp/classes/ClassesDict.cc] Error 1[/code]

When I do locate TLorentzVector.h it shows

/home/jorge/root/include/TLorentzVector.h /home/jorge/root/math/physics/inc/TLorentzVector.h

Could anyone help?

You seem to have two different ROOT versions installed - one in “/home/jorge/root” and another one in standard system directories (for which “root-config --incdir” returns “/usr/include/root”). [url=https://root-forum.cern.ch/t/missing-canvas/17664/17 need to “completely remove” (“purge”) all “system-provided” ROOT related packages.[/url]

Damn…

If I uninstall everything related to root, I will have to remove other programs’ dependences in root and, therefore I’ll also have to reinstall those programs that depend on root, like madanalysis and madgraph right?

Thank you for the reply.

You can also “switch” to using the “system-provided” ROOT and forget your own version, if you like.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how can I do that? If I do that I wouldn’t need to delete root, madanalysis and madgraph?

Just don’t run your private ROOT’s “bin/thisroot.[c]sh” (and you’ll automatically get the “system-provided” ROOT).

Only one more thing. When running madalysis it says it can’t find ROOT.py and ROOT.pyc. So I go to madanalysis dir, I do “sudo apt-get install python”, then go to root and do ./configure, make and source bin/thisroot.sh and madanalysis works fine. So, if I delete root and reinstall it from source with “system-provided” ROOT would I get madanalysis to work without needing to do “source bin/thisroot.sh”? Or I would also need to do “source bin/thisroot.sh”?

If your madanalysis works fine with your “private” ROOT then remove the “system-provided” one:
sudo apt-get purge root-system* root-plugin* libroot*
Afterwards check that the “/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34” and the “/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/root5.34” subdirectories disappeared completely.