The punto or resolution of TBrowser menu

Hi everybody,
Does anybody know how to fix the resolution issue in fedora 28? My laptop has high resolution (3840x2160), and it doesn’t let me connect external monitor to my laptop due to the low resolution of 2nd screen?

I suspect that’s also the reason why the punto of the menu titles in my TBrowser are too small to see.
I posted some screenshots about the issue.

Cheers.

Hi,

I have no idea about this issue, but for this one:

You can change the font sizes in your $(ROOTSYS)/etc/system.rootrc, or in your custom $(HOME)/.rootrc

Cheers, Bertrand.

Hi there,
ı changed the relative bit in my system.rootrc file. Nothing changed so far. Here is the part:

Gui.DefaultFont:            -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-42-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
Gui.MenuFont:               -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-42-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
Gui.MenuHiFont:             -*-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-42-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
Gui.DocFixedFont:           -*-courier-medium-r-*-*-42-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
Gui.DocPropFont:            -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-42-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
Gui.IconFont:               -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-40-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
Gui.StatusFont:             -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-40-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1

Browser.Options:             FCEI
# Can be either small, big, list, details
Browser.IconStyle:           big
# Can be either name, type, size, date
Browser.SortBy:              name

I think somehow ı should activate the change I made, and I am not sure how. Do you know how?

Cheers.

Hi,

Changes should be applied immediately when starting ROOT. Make sure you don’t have a $(HOME)/.rootrc file overriding those values

Cheers, Bertrand

I changed both indeed. Nothing changed so far. Maybe there are more places ı need to change.
I found this link to talk about settings : https://root.cern.ch/root/htmldoc/guides/primer/ROOTPrimer.html#root-macros

2.8.2 Configure ROOT at start-up

The behaviour of a ROOT session can be tailored with the options in the .rootrc file. Examples of the tunable parameters are the ones related to the operating and window system, to the fonts to be used, to the location of start-up files. At start-up, ROOT looks for a .rootrc file in the following order:

• ./.rootrc //local directory
  • $HOME/.rootrc //user directory
  • $ROOTSYS/etc/system.rootrc //global ROOT directory

If more than one .rootrc files are found in the search paths above, the options are merged, with precedence local, user, global. The parsing and interpretation of this file is handled by the ROOT class TEnv . Have a look to its documentation if you need such rather advanced features. The file .rootrc defines the location of two rather important files inspected at start-up: rootalias.C and rootlogon.C . They can contain code that needs to be loaded and executed at ROOT startup. rootalias.C is only loaded and best used to define some often used functions. rootlogon.C contains code that will be executed at startup: this file is extremely useful for example to pre-load a custom style for the plots created with ROOT. This is done most easily by creating a new TStyle object with your preferred settings, as described in the class reference guide, and then use the command gROOT->SetStyle("MyStyleName"); to make this new style definition the default one. As an example, have a look in the file rootlogon.C coming with this tutorial. Another relevant file is rootlogoff.C that it called when the session is finished.

Cheers, ilker.

These are the files in my etc folder which are related to root. ı think ı need to figure out how to access these folders first:

• ./.rootrc //local directory
  • $HOME/.rootrc //user directory
  • $ROOTSYS/etc/system.rootrc //global ROOT directory

Then, ı can check one by one.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.