The KeyPressed signal

Hello,

I am trying to make use of the KeyPressed signal via a ACLIC dispatcher. The problem is, that it seems that on the Python side it looses the 4th parameter. Inside the dispatcher I have:

PyObject* Dispatch( TGFrame* o1, UInt_t k, UInt_t m)
	{
		cout << o1 << " " << k << " " << m << endl;
		return DispatchVA( "li", o1, k, m);
	}

which properly displays both the key “k” and the mask “m”. On python side:

def handle_list_key(self, frame, key, m):
		entry = ROOT.BindObject(frame, "TGLVEntry")
		# If dbl click was made with left mouse button
		print entry.GetItemName(), key, mask

def _init_(.....):
		self.list_dispatch_key = ROOT.EtosDispatcher(self.handle_list_key)
		self.eventlist_container.Connect("KeyPressed(TGFrame*, UInt_t, UInt_t)", "EtosDispatcher", self.list_dispatch_key, "Dispatch(TGFrame*, UInt_t, UInt_t)")

this way it doesn’t work:

If I remove the “m” parameter from handle_list_key definition, it works, however I don’t get mask, of course. I guess TPyDispatcher from which my dispatcher inherits works only up to 2 parameters?

Hi,

the call in TPyDispatcher looks fine: PyObject* Dispatch( TGFrame* frame, UInt_t keysym, UInt_t mask ) { return DispatchVA1( "TGFrame", frame, "II", keysym, mask ); }
Is the code that you post in EtosDispatcher masking the above? If yes, the “li” states that there are only two parameters, a long an in int, passed. That would explain.

Cheers,
Wim

Ahh, and I was wondering what “li” stands for. Thanks!

Hi,

possible argument strings are defined in the python docs. In this case, you’d want “lII” (lower case l and 2x capital ‘i’; i.e. long/pointer val and two unsigned int values). Or rather, do what TPyDispatcher does by passing the frame pointer as an object.

Cheers,
Wim

Thanks, did it just specifying “lii” for now. Works.