TGraph function to use for graph interpolation?

ROOT Version: 6.08.06
Platform, compiler: gcc6.2

So, I have a group of TGraphs that are related to transmission functions through certain materials, and I a trying to get a final expected graph output for intensity after all of the interactions. To do this, I was told I could take all of the data, make them into TGraphs, and then interpolate them together to get the expected output.

I currently have one root file with 4 tGraphs in it. I tried the Eval function on a canvas that had all four drawn on it, but that didn’t work. I also tried to spline them together with equally poor results. I was just curious if this was the best way to go and if there was a member function in the TGraph family that would be appropriate?

I thought maybe the Merge() function would possibly work, but it also seems like it just draws them all on the same graph, which isn’t the most useful.

Hi,

It is not clear to me exactly what you want to do it ? What do you mean interpolate the TGraphErrors together ? TGraph::Eval() interpolates the contained point in a single TGraph.
If you need to interpolate between all points you should then build a single object using for example Merge().

Lorenzo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.