TGLabel with more then one line of text

hi Rooters

how would it be possible to have a Label of text on a TG…Frame with more then one line of text. i can not find any nice solution. having a new TGLabel for every line of text does not seem to be a beautifull way for doing things.

many thanks
Igor

Hi Igor,

You can use a TGTextView widget - it allows manipulations with lines of text. Having multiple lines in a TGLabel is in our ToDo list.

Cheers, Ilka

[quote=“antcheva”]Hi Igor,

You can use a TGTextView widget - it allows manipulations with lines of text. Having multiple lines in a TGLabel is in our ToDo list.

Cheers, Ilka[/quote]

mmm, thanks,
how do I hide scrollbars in TGTextView object ?

i am thinking to do it through the layouts but it does not seem to work.
whatever i do to change the layouts of TGTextView does not work.
i tried

1. new TGTextView(fFrame,10,10,“primary”, TGView::kNoHSB)
  2. TGTextView *f = new TGTextView(fFrame,10,10,“primary”)
    fFrame->AddFrame(f,new TGLayoutHints( TGView::kNoHSB,0,0,0,0));
    both ways do not work

Hi Igor,

There is a parameter ‘sboptions’ in the TGTextView constructor that sets the visibility of scrollbars - kNoHSB and kNoVSB.

Cheers, Ilka

There is a parameter ‘sboptions’ in the TGTextView constructor that sets the visibility of scrollbars - kNoHSB and kNoVSB.

Cheers, Ilka[/quote]

thanks,
i removed the srollbars!
in first case i omitted by mistake id=-1
in second case - just wrong approach as it seems to me. just does not work.

now i have a problem making the background same color as my parent frame, and make it un kSunkenFrame

Hi Igor,

You have edited your last post, but I see typos in the code. Please provide the text you want to have on each line and I will prepare an example.

Thank you, Ilka

You can change the background color in use by default in the TGTextView constructor - the parameter after ‘sboptions’ can be set to GetParent()->GetBackground(). If you wish post your example - it will save some time.

Cheers, Ilka

You have edited your last post, but I see typos in the code. Please provide the text you want to have on each line and I will prepare an example.

Thank you, Ilka[/quote]

it would be just great, thanks:
i want to have an absolutely identical to TGLabel style text in two lines:
1line "primary"
2line "vertex"
the background - grey,
not Sunken and not Raised (don’t know the opposite to both of them)
no border
no internal identation ( perfectly text is in top left corner touching the borders, which are not seen anyway)

i have this 2line problem in several places, so I hoped it would be worth doing via one “object”.

Hi Igor,

Thank you for provided details. I will prepare the example tomorrow, because I am not at work today.

Cheers, Ilka

Hi Igor,

Please find an example in the attached macro.

Best regards, Ilka
labelsview.C (1.27 KB)

Please find an example in the attached macro.

Best regards, Ilka[/quote]

many thanks!
works fine, just as i need it.
any way would probably rap it into a class for myself, untill new TGLabel appears

Hi Igor,

You are welcome. I will keep you informed about the multiple lines TGLabel development.

Cheers, Ilka