TGeoCompositeShape and GL viewer

I am trying to draw TGeoCompositeShape in GL viewer. But it seems ROOT does not treat translation and rotation.

I have tried also a simple script. It does not work too. TGCompositeShape is located at (0,0,0).

I have attached a patch to tutorial/rootgeom.C for testing.

I am using ROOT 5.11/06.

rootgeom.C.org 2006-06-23 17:43:07.893322725 +0200
+++ rootgeom.C.new 2006-06-23 17:37:47.269168153 +0200
@@ -54,6 +54,7 @@

//--- make letter 'R'
TGeoVolume *R = geom->MakeBox("R", Vacuum, 25., 25., 5.);
  • R->GetShape()->SetName(“R”);
    R->SetVisibility(kFALSE);
    TGeoVolume *bar1 = geom->MakeBox(“bar1”, Al, 5., 25, 5.);
    bar1->SetLineColor(kRed);
    @@ -92,6 +93,7 @@

//— make letter 'T’
    TGeoVolume *T = geom->MakeBox(“T”, Vacuum, 25., 25., 5.);

• T->GetShape()->SetName(“T”);
    T->SetVisibility(kFALSE);
    TGeoVolume *bar5 = geom->MakeBox(“bar5”, Al, 5., 20., 5.);
    bar5->SetLineColor(kBlue);
    @@ -100,10 +102,14 @@
    bar6->SetLineColor(kBlue);
    T->AddNode(bar6, 1, tr9);

• TGeoCompositeShape *a = new TGeoCompositeShape(“A”,“R+T”);

• TGeoVolume *b = new TGeoVolume(“B”,a,Al);

• b->SetVisibility(kTRUE);

rootbox->AddNode(R, 1, tr10);

• rootbox->AddNode(O, 1, tr11);
  • rootbox->AddNode(b, 1, tr11);
    +// rootbox->AddNode(O, 1, tr11);
    rootbox->AddNode(O, 2, tr12);
    rootbox->AddNode(T, 1, tr13);

Hi,

In your example, the components R and T of the composite R+T are 2 identical boxes, so what do you expect to get if you make the union and both components are in origin? You will just get something identical to R or T…

Why don’t you better start with an existing example with composites: /tutorials/csgdemo.C, try to understand it and then make your own composite?

Cheers,
Andrei

Sorry, my example was poor.

I have attached a new example. In which I create ‘T’ with using TGeoCompositeShape. Several 'T’s are drawn in normal pads, but only one ‘T’ is drawn in GL viewer.

Ryu
patch.txt (2.83 KB)

[quote]Sorry, my example was poor.

I have attached a new example. In which I create ‘T’ with using TGeoCompositeShape. Several 'T’s are drawn in normal pads, but only one ‘T’ is drawn in GL viewer.

Ryu[/quote]

With the latest ROOT (cvs) I cannot reproduce your problem - I have the same picture in a pad and gl viewer.

Thank you for reply.

I have tested with ROOT v5.10.00. Then there was no probelm, several 'T’s apprear in GL pad.

So this is 5.11.06 specific problem or my compile of ROOT was wrong.

I have compiled ROOT from source.
root-config --config
linux --disable-builtin-freetype --disable-builtin-pcre --disable-builtin-gsl --enable-cern --enable-fftw3 --enable-mathcore --enable-mathmore --enable-minuit2 --enable-reflex --enable-cintex --enable-roofit --enable-qt

Yes, I think it’s the 5.11.06 specific problem. So, if you need TGeoCompositeShape+GL-viewer you’d better change ROOT’s version.

[quote]Thank you for reply.
I have tested with ROOT v5.10.00. Then there was no probelm, several 'T’s apprear in GL pad.

So this is 5.11.06 specific problem or my compile of ROOT was wrong.
[/quote]

I’ve checked the version 5.11.06 - that’s not one ‘T’, these are all your 'T’s in one place (you can move it and you’ll see another ‘T’ in old place). I think, that’s not a gl viewer problem, there were no changes in GL-viewer since 5.11.06 release, but it works OK now (CVS version).