TGenericTable MakeDescriptor Assertion

Good day fellow ROOTers,

I’m attempting to use a TGenericTable to store some state information into a ROOT data file for later analysis. However, an assertion in TTableDescriptor::MakeDescriptor is being generated.

lancer_top.exe: misc/table/src/TTableDescriptor.cxx:314: static TTableDescriptor* TTableDescriptor::MakeDescriptor(const char*): Assertion `cl!=0’ failed.

Are there any extra steps required in using TGenericTable outside of CINT in an external program?

Thanks,
Terry

I think I will switch to using a TTree with a structure conceptually it is the same though slightly more complicated to implement.

Sorry, I was on vacatioin. Can you provide some extra infrormation about your troubles ? Piece of the code for example ?

[quote=“terrydoherty”]I think I will switch to using a TTree with a structure conceptually it is the same though slightly more complicated to implement.[/quote]It is not. The TTable object is memory resident and its size is restricted by available RAM. Yes, you can save as many TTable objects as you need. TTree is restricted by size of your disk storage.