TFractionFitter Strange Segfault Error

Dear All,

I am having an issue using TFractionFitter where it seems to be throwing a segfaults when trying to run it.

This is a clean install of 6.10/08 and haven’t had any issues with any other classes. I am using OSX 10.11.6 and have both XCode and X11 fully up to date.

The error is as follows:

*** Break *** segmentation violation
[/usr/lib/system/libsystem_platform.dylib] _sigtramp (no debug info)
[<unknown binary>] (no debug info)
[<unknown binary>] (no debug info)
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCling.so] cling::Interpreter::RunFunction(clang::FunctionDecl const*, cling::Value*) (no debug info)
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCling.so] cling::Interpreter::EvaluateInternal(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&, cling::CompilationOptions, cling::Value*, cling::Transaction**, unsigned long) (no debug info)
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCling.so] cling::MetaSema::actOnxCommand(llvm::StringRef, llvm::StringRef, cling::Value*) (no debug info)
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCling.so] cling::MetaParser::isXCommand(cling::MetaSema::ActionResult&, cling::Value*) (no debug info)
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCling.so] cling::MetaParser::isCommand(cling::MetaSema::ActionResult&, cling::Value*) (no debug info)
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCling.so] cling::MetaParser::isMetaCommand(cling::MetaSema::ActionResult&, cling::Value*) (no debug info)
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCling.so] cling::MetaProcessor::process(char const*, cling::Interpreter::CompilationResult&, cling::Value*, bool) (no debug info)
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCling.so] HandleInterpreterException(cling::MetaProcessor*, char const*, cling::Interpreter::CompilationResult&, cling::Value*) /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/metacling/src/TCling.cxx:1896
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCling.so] TCling::ProcessLine(char const*, TInterpreter::EErrorCode*) /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/metacling/src/TCling.cxx:2035
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCling.so] TCling::ProcessLineSynch(char const*, TInterpreter::EErrorCode*) /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/metacling/src/TCling.cxx:2883
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCore.so] TApplication::ExecuteFile(char const*, int*, bool) /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/base/src/TApplication.cxx:1137
[/usr/local/root/lib/libRint.so] TRint::ProcessLineNr(char const*, char const*, int*) /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/rint/src/TRint.cxx:756
[/usr/local/root/lib/libRint.so] TRint::HandleTermInput() /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/rint/src/TRint.cxx:603
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCore.so] TUnixSystem::CheckDescriptors() /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/unix/src/TUnixSystem.cxx:1323
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCore.so] TMacOSXSystem::DispatchOneEvent(bool) /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/macosx/src/TMacOSXSystem.mm:378
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCore.so] TSystem::InnerLoop() /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/base/src/TSystem.cxx:411
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCore.so] TSystem::Run() /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/base/src/TSystem.cxx:361
[/usr/local/root/lib/libCore.so] TApplication::Run(bool) /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/base/src/TApplication.cxx:1154
[/usr/local/root/lib/libRint.so] TRint::Run(bool) /usr/local/root-6.10.08/core/rint/src/TRint.cxx:458
[/usr/local/root/bin/root.exe] main /usr/local/root-6.10.08/main/src/rmain.cxx:32
[/usr/lib/system/libdyld.dylib] start (no debug info)
Root > 

Quite honestly I cant seem to make sense of what this error could be. It seems it could be an issue with the interpreter?..but I’m not entirely sure where to start debugging. I haven’t seen this on any of the many other scripts I have.

Cheers,

Luc

Dear Luc,

Could you provide the minimal way to reproduce it? I.e. also some files that go together with the macro?

G Ganis

Ah, it seems like this was just a silly typo on my end. One of the file directories is slightly incorrect.

A rather embarrassing of a mistake.

Thank you though,

Luc

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.