TEveManager crashes immediately

Hello,___
ROOT Version: 6.12/04
Platform: Ubunto 16.04
Compiler: gcc,v5.4

As announced in the title, I get an immediate crash when I execute TEveManager::Create().

root [0] TEveManager::Create();

*** Break *** segmentation violation

[...]

#6  0x00007f8f752187ce in TGCompositeFrame::MapSubwindows (this=<optimized out>) at /local/home/ybedfer/software/root-6.12.04/gui/gui/src/TGFrame.cxx:1162```

I could see that a similar case was reported (see:
"https://root-forum.cern.ch/t/tevemanager-create-instantly-segfaults/9397")
However, the diagnosis is not the same. In my case, the following evaluates to false:
```gROOT->IsBatch() || gClient == 0 || gClient->IsZombie()```

Yann

Hmmh, how are you running this, through ssh? What platform is this? I’d guess your X (or whatever it should be) is not available.

\m

I am running on my laptop, under Ubuntu.

I have to admit that this is not the first time I am experiencing problems connected w/ graphics on this Ubuntu. For example, when running the event display of geant4. What’s remarkable w/ the problem I’m presently reporting is that it’s so straightforward. On the other end, my TBrowser works fine. Is there something special in the TEve graphics, that would hint at what’s going wrong?

I can add that I don’t get a crash any longer when I use root from cvmfs, on the same laptop, under same Ubuntu. To be precise:
/cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.16.00/x86_64-ubuntu16-gcc54-opt

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.