<TEnvRec::ChangeValue>: duplicate entry <//=foreground color> for level 1; ignored

Hello all,

I have compiled a c++ program that references one root header file, attached. It runs, with output “hello world”, but gives this warning at run time: <TEnvRec::ChangeValue>: duplicate entry <//=foreground color> for level 1; ignored

I have read the other similar posts about updating the system.rootmap file, but on my laptop I have not located such a file. I am using Root 6.31/01 on Ubuntu 22.04. Thanks for any thoughts.

Penny

plotMatrixEigen.c (2.2 KB)

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

Please fill also the fields below. Note that root -b -q will tell you this info, and starting from 6.28/06 upwards, you can call .forum bug from the ROOT prompt to pre-populate a topic.

ROOT Version: Not Provided
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi,

Thanks for the post. It looks like some kind of misconfiguration.
Do you manage to reproduce the problem with something simpler, e.g. w/o Eigen?
What rootmap files do you have in the directories in the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
Do you see any warning when launching root?

I hope these three hints help us converge on a solution.

Cheers,
D

Hi Danilo,

Thanks and yes, the warning also appears in the simplified attached helloWorld.c , and when I start Root interactively. My configuration is limited to these steps in my .bashrc file:

source /usr/local/bin/thisroot.sh
export PATH=$PATH:$ROOTSYS/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ROOTSYS/lib

rootmap files in the directory /usr/local/lib are:
$ ls /usr/local/lib/*rootmap*

/usr/local/lib/libcomplexDict.rootmap       /usr/local/lib/libmultisetDict.rootmap
/usr/local/lib/libdequeDict.rootmap         /usr/local/lib/libsetDict.rootmap
/usr/local/lib/libforward_listDict.rootmap  /usr/local/lib/libSmatrix32.rootmap
/usr/local/lib/libGenVector32.rootmap       /usr/local/lib/libunordered_mapDict.rootmap
/usr/local/lib/liblistDict.rootmap          /usr/local/lib/libunordered_multimapDict.rootmap
/usr/local/lib/libmap2Dict.rootmap          /usr/local/lib/libunordered_multisetDict.rootmap
/usr/local/lib/libmapDict.rootmap           /usr/local/lib/libunordered_setDict.rootmap
/usr/local/lib/libmultimap2Dict.rootmap     /usr/local/lib/libvalarrayDict.rootmap
/usr/local/lib/libmultimapDict.rootmap      /usr/local/lib/libvectorDict.rootmap

helloWorld.c output:

$ ./helloWorld
<TEnvRec::ChangeValue>: duplicate entry <//=foreground color> for level 1; ignored
hello world
$ 

[helloWorld.c|attachment](upload://u0nSFqju84q8xxajJQOVhMTuKuA.c) (326 Bytes)