TDirectory in TDataFrame.Snapshot

When taking a snapshot of a TDataFrame, if you specify a treename that contains “/”, they are not translated into a TDirectory structure.

In contrast, when reading a tree from a file into a TDataFrame this is done (just as in other places similar to this in ROOT).

Small example:

ROOT::Experimental::TDataFrame df("DYTuple/DecayTree", TFile::Open("in.root));

will read the tree called “DecayTree” within the directory “DYTuple”, but

df.Snapshot("DYTuple/DecayTree", "out.root");

creates a tree with the literal name “DYTuple/DecayTree”.

This seems quite inconsistent…

Hi,

thanks for the report: I opened an item on our tracker ROOT-8835 regarding this item. I’ll deal with it asap.

Cheers,
D

Hi, I’ll just chime in to say we really need this kind of user feedback on TDataFrame :smiley: so thank you, keep it up please, and maybe tell your friends :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Enrico

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement!

I quite like the new TDataFrame, it has the potential to cut down my selection code in half (in size and complexity). And that is after having written already quite a few utility functions that turned it from an inflexible unreadable mess into something readable. I’ll post new questions as I encounter more hick-ups :slight_smile:

Hi,

ROOT-8835 has been fixed on the master branch of ROOT. The fix will be backported to the 6.10 branch. This means that it will be available with the next development release of root, 6.11/00, and the next patch release, 6.10/02.
Thanks for reporting!

Cheers,
D

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi,

just to close the thread: the fix has been applied also to the 6.10 branches and will be part of 6.10/02.

Cheers,
D

1 Like