TDataSetManagerFile

I’m trying to use TDataSetManagerFile but I’ve this problem:

TFileCollection c;
TDataSetManagerFile m;
c.Add("../../cal/data_Ele_v9/Ele_1000GeV/user.koletsou.001217.EXT0._00012.ntuple.root");
m.RegisterDataSet("prova", &c, "");

and I got an infinite number of

Error in <TFile::TFile>: file name is not specified

Hi,

I did not documented the local usage of TDataSetManagerFile (except for its usage via the pq2 scripts; see root.cern.ch/drupal/content/pq2-tools) because it is still of little interest outside PROOF. We are working at making it possible to use it also in a local ROOT session for processing.

Anyhow, I think the problem is that you do not specify the directory where to store the information; you have also to specify explicitly the group (“default”) and the username (the one of the session you are in).
Try

TFileCollection c;
TDataSetManagerFile m("dir:/some/dir/as/dataset/repository");
c.Add("../../cal/data_Ele_v9/Ele_1000GeV/user.koletsou.001217.EXT0._00012.ntuple.root");
m.RegisterDataSet("/default/wiso/prova", &c, "");

(replacing ‘wiso’ by the effective username, if different)
and let me know.

Gerri

[quote=“ganis”]Hi,

I did not documented the local usage of TDataSetManagerFile (except for its usage via the pq2 scripts; see root.cern.ch/drupal/content/pq2-tools) because it is still of little interest outside PROOF. We are working at making it possible to use it also in a local ROOT session for processing.

Anyhow, I think the problem is that you do not specify the directory where to store the information; you have also to specify explicitly the group (“default”) and the username (the one of the session you are in).
Try

TFileCollection c;
TDataSetManagerFile m("dir:/some/dir/as/dataset/repository");
m.RegisterDataSet("/default/wiso/prova", &c, "");

(replacing ‘wiso’ by the effective username, if different)
and let me know.

Gerri[/quote]

Thank you, it works, but I get messages like:

Error in <TDataSetManagerFile::GetDataSets>: dataset event-localhost.localdomain-12 (user data, group .proof) could not be opened

I’m using my home directory as the first argument of TDataSetManagerFile