TColor in ruby Root

Hi,

I am glad to see that ROOT has no ruby bindings so I can use ROOT inside my ruby scripts. I am trying to produce a plot with a graph but I cannot find how to use the TColor class to do

Is it supported? Is there any place where I can find some documentation for ROOT in ruby?

Thanks!
Juanpe.

See example macros in the “${ROOTSYS}/tutorials/ruby” subdirectory (note: you need to use ROOT 5, ROOT 6 has no ruby support yet).
Try something like:
ruby -rroot-config --libdir/libRuby demo.rb

I cannot run any of the tutorials now that I have tested. It says that the library cannot be loaded:

$ ruby -r../lib/libRuby ruby/demo.rb /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': cannot load such file -- ../lib/libRuby (LoadError) from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'

I can see a libRuby.so file but it won’t load. I compile it with the --enable-ruby and I also set the enviroment to have the RUBYLIB variable well defined:

$ echo $RUBYLIB /Users/juanpe/root/lib:/lib:

Thanks

You need to:
cd ${ROOTSYS}/tutorials/ruby
(and maybe first copy this subdirectory to somewhere so that you will be able to write in there)
then try something like:
ruby -rroot-config --libdir/libRuby demo.rb
or:
ruby -r${ROOTSYS}/lib/libRuby demo.rb

Hi Wile,

that is what I did, but in any case, copying your exact commands I find the same error:

$ ruby -r`root-config --libdir`/libRuby demo.rb /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': cannot load such file -- /Users/juanpe/root/lib/libRuby (LoadError) from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'

so it seems that I cannot read the ruby library but the env. variables seem to be fine:

$ echo $ROOTSYS /Users/juanpe/root $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH /lib:/Users/juanpe/root/lib:/lib: $ echo $RUBYLIB /Users/juanpe/root/lib:/lib:

And the libRuby.so file is there.