TBrowser font size

Hi,

is it possible to change the font size in the TBrowser?
On high resolution displays, which become more and more common, it is very difficult to read anything.

Thanks!
Kilian

You can create a .rootrc file and specify the font size for the GUI in there. If you open a ROOT session, gEnv->Print() will show you all active environment variables. You can then just create a file with variables as you like to overwrite whatever you like.

For example, you are probably interested in these settings (taken from my environment):

Gui.DefaultFont: -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.MenuFont: -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.MenuHiFont: -*-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.DocFixedFont: -*-courier-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.DocPropFont: -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.IconFont: -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.StatusFont: -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1

The numbers in between all of the asterisks are the respective font sizes. ROOT looks for .rootrc files in ~/.rootrc and in the current working directory

Hi,

thanks a lot, this solved my problem, and the hint with gEnv->Print() will certainly become handy again later!

I still wish there was a simple gui option in the TBrowser window to change a basic setting like font size (or scale) on the fly, as I use my laptop in different settings, and not all external screens have high dpi. But that’s a minor issue, and for now, I’m just happy I can read things again :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Kilian