TBasket Problem in root

Please provide the following information:
ROOT Version (e.g. 6.12/02):
Platform, compiler (e.g. CentOS 7.3, gcc6.2):

I am getting this error.
Error in TBasket::ReadBasketBuffers: fNbytes = 910402, fKeylen = 82, fObjlen = 1024152, noutot = 0, nout=0, nin=910320, nbuf=1024152
file probably overwritten: stopping reporting error messages
===>File is more than 2 Gigabytes
R__unzip: error -5 in inflate (zlib)
Error in TBasket::ReadBasketBuffers: fNbytes = 910402, fKeylen = 82, fObjlen = 1024152, noutot = 0, nout=0, nin=910320, nbuf=1024152
R__unzip: error -5 in inflate (zlib)

Can somebody have a look into it ? I don’t understand the error.

It looks like the file is corrupted. It may not have been closed properly when writing or the byte on disk got corrupted.

Okay…Thanks. Actually In my input file there are 80 milion signal events and 60 milion background events. I am reading the events from the input tree file by a for loop and doing some caluculations with the variables. Then, I am creating a new tree file and putting those variables in it. All the events of the Input file and the newly created tree file are of same.
While the code is running, It is giving this error.

What is going wrong in this process. I was suspecting, there is some memory issue.

While the code is running, It is giving this error.

It still could be a corrupted file. To exclude this possibility, just write a small example that ‘just’ loop over the entries and call GetEntry, if that works then the file is fine.

What is going wrong in this process. I was suspecting, there is some memory issue.

You could run your failing example under valgrind with the option --suppressions=$ROOTSYS/etc/valgrind-root.supp and it might give you more information if the problem is ‘memory corruption’.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Okay…thanks again.
I forgot to mention one thing. The code is running fine, when I am reading small number of signal and background events, (let’s say 40 milion signal and 30 milion backgrund) out of all events. As you said, the file might be corrupted. I am looking ito it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.