TASImage::GetZoomPosition - undefined reference

Hi,

I’m using TASImage::GetZoomPosition in a GUI. It works when I run/compile the code with ROOT, but when compiling a linux standalone executable with g++, I get the following error:

[quote]statBar.cxx:(.text+0x1df): undefined reference to `TASImage::GetZoomPosition(unsigned int&, unsigned int&, unsigned int&, unsigned int&) const’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status[/quote]
The code example statBar.cxx is attached, it will require statBar.h and when compiling with g++ also statBarLinkDef.h (see both files attached).

1. ROOT
    Run “root statBar.cxx++” - clicking the GUI button will print the zoom position to the screen. Try to zoom and click the button again - all works fine.

2. G++
    a) create dictionary in bash: rootcint -f statBarDict.cxx -c statBar.h statBarLinkDef.h
    b) compile: g++ root-config --cflags --glibs -o statBar statBar.cxx statBarDict.cxx
    -> this will produce the error
    c) Comment out line “img->GetZoomPosition(xx, yy, ww, hh);” and compile again with step b)
    then run in bash: ./statBar
    -> compilation will work this time - but after zooming the image, of course, you don’t get the correct zoom position anymore

The code snippet of interest is:[code]
void MyMainFrame::PrintZoomPos()
{
UInt_t xx = 50;
UInt_t yy = 51;
UInt_t ww = 52;
UInt_t hh = 53;

TASImage img = static_cast<TASImage>( fEcan->GetCanvas()->FindObject( fImg->GetName() ) );
std::cout << img->GetName() << std::endl;

img->GetZoomPosition(xx, yy, ww, hh);
std::cout << xx << “\t” << yy << “\t” << ww << “\t” << hh << std::endl;
}
[/code]

To ask a clear question: How can I get the correct zoom position in the standalone g++ version?

Thanks
statBar.cxx (4.34 KB)
statBar.h (817 Bytes)
statBarLinkDef.h (36 Bytes)

Hi,

You need to explicitly link against the library libASImage.so.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Cheers, that’s doing the job…