Tagging the cling sources

I want to add cling to the OSX package manager homebrew so I raised a PR in the homebrew repository for tools that don’t have a released version. Unfortunately this repository is being deprecated and in order to move it to the main repository, it needs to be built from tagged sources so that the build is reproducible.

Would it be possible to create tags for the following repositories?

[ul]
[li] root.cern.ch/git/llvm.git[/li]
[li] root.cern.ch/git/cling.git[/li]
[li] root.cern.ch/git/clang.git[/li][/ul]

I don’t know what versioning system you’re using (if at all), but any tag will do! I can then use these instead of master which is what I’m doing at the moment.

Thanks,

-Andy

Hi Andy,

Awesome, we’ll definitely provide you with tags!

That said: I need to sort a few things out before we can start releasing cling. We are in the middle of transitioning both our continuous integration (which synchronizes our main product with cling’s repo) and considering git subtree for embedding cling into our main product. I’d prefer to settle those before defining a release procedure. After all, we might just have another git subtree-based repo that pulls in all of llvm, clang and cling. Would the latter help you?

Cheers, Axel.

Hi Axel,

Thanks for the response. I’m happy to wait for you to define your release process - there’s no hurry :slight_smile:

Cheers,

-Andy