System libAfterImage is too new, using built-in

VIVE L’AMOUR!
I was trying to get rid of all “builtin” libraries in ROOT, but “–disable-builtin-afterimage” gave me …

Checking for afterimage-config … /usr/bin/afterimage-config
WARNING: System libAfterImage is too new, using built-in

[…] > /usr/bin/afterimage-config --version

[…] > sh /…/build/v5-28-00-patches/graf2d/asimage/src/libAfterImage/afterimage-config --version

I am stupid. No?
Pepe Le Pew.

Hi Pepe,

I believe that our built-in libAfterimage still has some custom mods. I’ve to double check with Olivier, but he is out of the office today. You could try to disable this check in our ./configure and see what happens :wink:

Cheers, Fons.

The list of changes in our TAsimage version is here:
root.cern.ch/viewvc/trunk/graf2d … iew=markup
It concern mainly some warnings on special platforms which the author did not want to fix in his version because he thinks they are compiler bugs. Because ROOT has automatic test procedures we wanted to get ride of this messages which pollute the log files generated by these tests.

VIVE L’AMOUR!
if the differences are merely warnings, why don’t you allow the user to enforce “–disable-builtin-afterimage”? :unamused:
A pitiful case, am I not?
Pepe Le Pew.
P.S. I don’t think my Qt4 related problems are caused by the “builtin-afterimage”, so I don’t really want to fiddle with disabling it manually in the configure. :-({|=

Fons suggested:

Have you tried it ?

VIVE L’AMOUR!
well, as you really, really, really insist on doing this test … I’ve done it now for you … with ALL available “builtin” libraries “disabled”, it behaves exactly as described on “Tue Jan 11, 2011 18:03” here: ](*,)
[url]V5.28.00.patches with Qt backend dies in font / fontconfig

BTW. If you want to “repeat” this test, just change one line in the “configure” script: :-({|=
if test $asimage_version -gt 0 ; then
into:
if test $asimage_version -gt 999999 ; then

A pitiful case, am I not?
Pepe Le Pew.