Symbol G__exception is not defined in current scope

dear all,
I was running a macro aliroot (the ROOT-based ALICE offline simulation framework) and i got this error:

Error: Symbol G__exception is not defined in current scope MakeRoby.C:20:
Error: type G__exception not defined FILE:/home/preghenella/AliRoby.2007/TEST-AliTOFRawStream/10000-Pions/Gen-00/./MakeRoby.C LINE:20

line 20 is just a statement to run the simulation framework.
Following a previous discussion on this kind of error I attached gdb to the main process (aliroot) and wrote on gdb line “catch throw”.
When the error appeared gdb said:

[Switching to Thread -1488389920 (LWP 17496)]

Catchpoint 1 (exception thrown)
0xa768c605 in __cxa_throw () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

Actualy now I don’t really know how to proceed in debugging this error. Please help me.
I was running the process on a Linux (kernel 2.6.9-42.0.10.EL.cernsmp) system with
ROOT v5.15/07.

thanks
roberto

See root.cern.ch/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4713

Philippe

that’s the point I started from. the problem’s that now I dont’t know what should I do with gdb’s answer

Hi,
the runtime throws an exception if something goes wrong. GDB (with “catch throw”) should point you to where that happens. You could post the part of the code + the values of variables + the GDB backtrace if you need help to figure out what’s wrong.
Axel.

it’s quite hard for me to figure out in which part of the code this happens (the code is really really big, and I didn’t write it). I’ll try to post the problem to the AliRoot mailing list.
thanks
roberto

ok, I probably understood the problem. There should be an out-of-memory exception and I think I found the readon why.
roberto

Hello,

I am new to ROOT Talk and I am having problems running monte carlo simulations in aliroot, I was wondering if
there is a better, more specific, place to post my inquiries about aliroot?

thank you, AMP

See aliceinfo.cern.ch/Offline/

Philippe.