Survey for people in (or who left) High Energy Physics and Astrophysics: Snowmass 2021 Community Survey

(If this post is too off-track for the ROOT forum, please let me know and I will remove)

Hello everyone,

The Snowmass Survey team has prepared a survey for the entire High Energy Physics and Astrophysics (HEPA) community. The survey is designed to inform the Snowmass process about your opinions, experiences, and outlook. It covers several topics including but not limited to careers, physics outlook, workplace culture, harassment, racism, visa policies, the impacts of COVID-19, and demographics.

You can find the survey here: https://duke.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3pHDzq7XPJZjxjg

This confidential survey will take approximately 20-60 minutes to complete. Your progress will be saved, allowing you to come back to it anytime (provided you use the same machine and browser). The survey will be open until August 15, 2021.

We greatly appreciate your participation in this initiative! We also welcome recommendations for other groups who may like to complete the survey. Please also feel free to share the survey with your past and present colleagues in and outside the particle physics research community, graduate and undergraduate students, etc. If you have any questions or recommendations, you can contact the survey team at SNOWMASS21-SURVEY@fnal.gov.

Thank you for your participation in this survey!

Garvita Agarwal (University at Buffalo)
Joshua Barrow (Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Tel Aviv University)
Erin Conley (Duke University)
Maria Elidaiana da Silva Pereira (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor)
Mateus Fernandes Carneiro (Brookhaven National Laboratory)
Sam Hedges (Duke University)
Sam Homiller (Harvard University)
Ivan Lepetic (Rutgers University)
Tianhuan Luo (Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory)

More information about Snowmass

More information about the Snowmass 2021 community survey

Thanks for posting @erinecon, it’s really important what you do with Snowmass and in particular for the young researchers :+1: In Europe, with have the European Update for the Strategy of Particle Physics every four years, where the young researchers also contributed and wrote a nice statement in the end (link to arXiv). I hope you also keep us updated on the results of your survey :slight_smile:

1 Like