Style Manager Window

Greetings Root’ers

I am having an issue with the “Style Manager Window” in both root v.5.19 and v.5.26.
When draw a histogram then edit->Style
The actual window opens 4 screen lengths and I cannot seems to re-size it to fit a single screen.

Help please

Thanks
Michael

Hi Michael,

I cannot reproduce the problem on Windows (svn trunk and v5.26.00) and Linux (Fedora 14 - svn trunk)
And I don’t understand how this could happen…
How do you see it is exactly 4 screen lengths?
Could you describe more precisely what you are doing to see this behaviour and on which platform/compiler?
Do you have custom $ROOTSYS/etc/system.rootrc (or $HOME/.rootrc) settings?

Cheers, Bertrand.

Bernard,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have ROOT v.5.26 installed on my MAC OS 10.5.6.
I export ROOTSYS=/Users/Mike/root in a .profile

I can calculate how many screens the style manager window occupies because I dual screen my MAC and count how many screens of dragging it takes from end to end.

How I produce this anomaly by these command lines from terminal

Users-MacBook:Skimmed Mike$ root -l shortGP_PEpEmGam.root 
root [0] Attaching file shortGP_PEpEmGam.root as _file0...
root [1] .ls
TFile**         shortGP_PEpEmGam.root
TFile*         shortGP_PEpEmGam.root
KEY: TTree    Lep_Tree;1      Lep_Tree
root [2] Lep_Tree->StartViewer()
File name : shortGP_PEpEmGam.root
root [3]
tv__tree->Draw("mE_PEpEmGam_cor:mE_PEpEmGam>>h1(100,-0.9,0.9,100,-0.9,0.9)","NProt==1","colz");

Now all I do is from the canvas, go to Edit->Style
The window (GUI) that opens is 4 screen lengths long.

Hope this helps.
I was able to reproduce this same error with ROOT v.5.22
I have attached a screen shot of what it looks like on a normal screen and also a screenshow of how it compares to other GUI windows

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike,

OK, I didn’t really manage to reproduce the problem, but I saw a problem with the width of the Style Manager Window in ROOT v5.26/00. This seems to be fixed in more recent versions of ROOT. Could you try for example ROOT v5.29/02 and let me know?

Cheers, Bertrand.

Bertrand
Thank you for the interest in my issue, however I cannot install a newer version of ROOT based on gcc considerations.

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike,

If you cannot take a newer version, then I’m scared there is not much we can do anyway…
But you could also try to build from source, that would allow you to use the latest version :wink:

Cheers, Bertrand.