Splitterv.xpm not found, while it is in the 'icons' folder

Hello everyone,

I am installing root on my personal machine, after several successful installations on my work machine. Everything compiles fine, but when I try to open a TBrowser, I get the following seg fault:
Error in TGVSplitter::TGVSplitter: splitterv.xpm not found
Error in TGHSplitter::TGHSplitter: splitterh.xpm not found
Error in TGComboBox::TGComboBox: arrow_down.xpm not found
Error in TGVScrollBar::TGVScrollBar: arrow_*.xpm not found

I have checked, and all these xpm files are in the ‘icons’ folder. Also, the system.rootrc file is the same as in my previous successful installations, so I’m failing to see what I did wrong. It also looks like the rest is fine, the graphic interface seems to be the problem. I would be very grateful if someone has any idea about what the issue could be. I’m leaving below general information about my installation.
Thank you very much in advance!

ROOT Version: 6.24.00
Platform: ubuntu 22.04
Compiler: gcc 11.2.0
Version of cmake: 3.25.0
Options for cmake: -Dclad=OFF -Dxrootd=OFF -Dbuiltin_xrootd=OFF -Dxml=ON -Dx11=ON

Welcome to the ROOT Forum!

Are these the first errors you get or did you have any other message before? Did you properly source thisroot.sh before starting root?

These are the first errors I get when I type ‘TBrowser b;’, for instance, in a root session.
I have put the ‘source’ command in my .bashrc file, so it should work every time I open a new terminal (this was also like this in other functioning installations).
I just tried displaying some canvas and I have the same type of error.

That’s weird… See Search results for 'splitterv.xpm not found' - ROOT Forum if something can help…

Thank you for your suggestion and for your fast replies!
I built root several times to figure out what was going on.
I thought this morning that I should go back from a clean setup and built it again entirely.
What I thought was a clean setup was actually not one, and I still had -Dminimal=ON and -Dasimage=OFF. Running cmake with -Dminimal=OFF and -Dasimage=ON, and running make again, solved the issue.

I hope this will help someone with the same issue in the future!

1 Like