Source compilation errors of v6-24-02 with Visual Studio 2019 in Win10

Hello,

I am trying to install the latest branch, v6-24-02, from the source on a Win10 PC using the command prompt of Visual Studio 2019 (v 16.10.2). I follow the relevant instructions from here: Installing ROOT - ROOT . The compilation fails with two errors which one can see in the attached screenshot of the command prompt (taken after the second execution of the compilation command). What might be solutions for these issues? Please, let me know if I need to send some specific log or config files.
Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Gia

Can you tell how you configured ROOT? (which options you enabled), and the CMakeCache.txt file (from the build directory)
And BTW, could you try build ROOT in another directory than root_src\build (if root_src is the ROOT source directory), and not on the Desktop, but to have something like:

C:\users\giakh\root\root_src
C:\users\giakh\root\build

Hi @bellenot,

thanks much for your prompt reply.
I have src, build and install folders created in the top Desktop\root_src folder. The ROOT is cloned in the src directory and v6-24-02 branch is checked out. Then I follow the instructions that is I run cmake configuration from the build folder:

cmake -G"Visual Studio 16 2019" -A Win32 -Thost=x64 -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../install ../src

And then the compilation:

cmake --build . --config Release --target install

I will try again to install it avoiding the Desktop folder in the path.
Please, find the CMakeCache file in the attachment.

Best regards,
Gia
CMakeCache.txt (124.4 KB)

I think I know how to solve the problem. Can you install Python 32 bit on C:\ (for example C:\Python38-32) and use this one for ROOT?

1 Like

It worked, thank you very much! I installed the 32-bit python version 3.8.10 on a default location as suggested by the system. After reconfiguring with cmake the compilation was successful and ROOT works now.
Best regards,
Gia

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.