Sorting tree leaves alphabetically in new ROOT browser

Hi,
I am using ROOT version 5.27.02. In this version of ROOT, the new style object browser is default, where the leaves of the tree appear in the panel on the left hand side.

However, I am not able to sort the order of the appearance of the leaves in an alphabetical order, which was possible in the older browser.

Is there a way to accomplish this in the new browser? Trying to find a variable in a tree with very large number of leaves is quite cumbersome unless they show up in the alphabetical order.

Thanks.

-Arun

Hi Arun,

I don’t understand, they are already sorted in alphabetical order (first upercase and then lowercase)… And there is no option to change the sorting of the list tree items.

Cheers, Bertrand.

Dear Bertrand,

I don't know why, but when I view the tree in the new browser, they don't show up sorted. FYI, I am using ROOT 5.27.07 + Windows 7. 

I have attached a screen shot of the browser as it appears on my machine for a simple ROOT tree; and also the corresponding ROOT file. You can see the problem in the screen shot -- the leaves are not sorted alphabetically.

Thanks.
-Arun
SampleData.root (8.68 KB)

Hi Arun,

Oh yes, you’re right, sorry. Only the files are sorted, not the tree leaves. I’ll see what I can do to sort the tree and I’ll keep you in touch.

Cheers, Bertrand.

Hi Arun,

This has been implemented in svn trunk. Thanks for the report.

Cheers, Bertrand.