[Solved] Setup environment variables on lxplus?

Hi,

I have installed ROOT locally on my laptop and wrote the environment variables in my .bashrc and everything works fine. Now I have to work on lxplus (not lxplus6!) with ROOT. Do I have to set environment variables in the .bashrc in /afs/cern.ch/user/path/to/user/, too?

Currently I’m logged in with ssh -X username@lxplus.cern.ch and then I did setupATLAS and lsetup root with the current version. And I can start ROOT just fine. So is there any need of setting up something in the .bashrc?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,
You can include those commands you run in the .bashrc if you want them to be executed every time you log into lxplus. I guess you followed some recipe from ATLAS to set your environment from lxplus? It should be enough then.

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I didn’t follow any recipe to set up my environment, because it works just fine I think. That was basically my question, if I have to do something (else). But don’t seems to be the case.

Hi,
yes, doing something like

setupATLAS
lsetup "root 6.18.00-x86_64-centos7-gcc8-opt"

is enough, but if you don’t want to type this long parameter of lsetup every time, you can put the following into your .bashrc (or better in your .bashenv):

export ALRB_rootVersion=6.18.00-x86_64-centos7-gcc8-opt

Then all you have to do after every login is

setupATLAS
lsetup root

Hi,

thanks this is really helpful. I will do this.