Should we use integral method in TF1 or GetBinContent method in TH1 to get the integral from overlapping Gaussian peaks?

Thanks for that.

The effort to make this should be great.

@Wile_E_Coyote
If I say “in your model, you suppose the background is defined as pol2 within the range xl to xr” (which is totally ok if you’d like model it that way), will that be a correct statement?

If I state my idea and model 1st, then I coded in that way, and then I plot it. Finally, I can say, I did it right. That’s ok as an academician, right?

Sometimes, I know how to use things, but I am not sure about the concept in C++.
f->GetParameters() + 0
f->GetParameters() + 3
f->GetParameters() + 6

For instance, what is the topic (arrays or vectors) in c++ to tell the code to stop after getting the 1st 3 elements in the array of 9 elements. Then, how the next bit knows to get the 4th, 5th, and 6th element in the array to set up as a parameter for the 2nd Gaussian, so on so forth.

Can you lead me to some c++ website for more examples?

Cheers.

Uncle Google → C++ pointer arithmetic

1 Like

Could you please tell me this function in an old fashion way? (ilke ax+b for pol1)
I am trying to ask what function it represents.

I am not sure about x<[6] part? Can you use smaller or bigger operator in the formula like that in this format?

Cheers.

(Sorry that I couldn’t keep up for a while since my laptop was broken!)

TFormula

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.