Selecting TGeoVolumes in the GLViewer

Hello!

I have a geometry drawn using the standalone OpenGL viewer. Is there a possibility to get notified when a shape is selected? And can I somehow retrieve the selected volume?

Thanks,
Sebastian

[quote]Hello!

I have a geometry drawn using the standalone OpenGL viewer. Is there a possibility to get notified when a shape is selected? And can I somehow retrieve the selected volume?

Thanks,
Sebastian
[/quote]

Hi.

What do you mean by "get notified when a shape is selected?"
Right now, we do not emit any signals when object is selected (it’s easy to add) and there is no way to “retrieve the selected volume” - internally, in GL viewer, we obtain a pointer (for “Apply to family” action), but 3d viewer’s interface do not have any specific method to retrieve this pointer externally.

Hi!

I want to display some informations about a geometry element in a different Window, whenever the user selects it. So I would need a signal and a way to find out which element got selected.

[quote=“voeck”]Hi!

I want to display some informations about a geometry element in a different Window, whenever the user selects it. So I would need a signal and a way to find out which element got selected.[/quote]You can do that with qtgl package (see slide 17 indico.cern.ch/materialDisplay.p … Id=a055638). It does emit the signals:

signals: . . . void objectSelected(TObject *,const QPoint &);See:
root.bnl.gov/QtRoot/htmldoc/TQtGLViewerWidget.h