Saving Color 2D Histgrams as eps and pdf

I have been trying to save a color 2D histogram as eps and pdf from TCanvas. While the colors in the histogram look nice and smooth, the ones saved as eps and pdf show faint horizontal and vertical stripes. I was wondering if anyone has similar experience and a solution to the problem.

For PDF output, see [url]Colored 2D histograms in pdf output
For [E]PS output, see the “WARNING” section in the end of the “ROOT - How to use the PostScript interface ?” page.

[quote=“Wile E. Coyote”]For PDF output, see [url]Colored 2D histograms in pdf output
For [E]PS output, see the “WARNING” section in the end of the “ROOT - How to use the PostScript interface ?” page.[/quote]

It seems the problem I had is not related to ROOT but to the settings in Acrobat Reader. I am not a Mac user so I do not know where it is in Mac, but in Acrobat Reader in Windows, under edit->prefrences->page display, there is something called “Smooth Text” under rendering. The thin white lines disappeared when I turned off “Smoth line art” and “Enhance thin lines”. May be this helps others with similar problems.