RuntimeWarning RooAbsArg

Dear PyROOTers,

I have the following problem with OSX Mavericks and ROOT 5.34/15.

[code]$ python

import ROOT as r
r.gSystem.Load(‘libRooFit’)

RooFit v3.60 – Developed by Wouter Verkerke and David Kirkby
Copyright (C) 2000-2013 NIKHEF, University of California & Stanford University
All rights reserved, please read http://roofit.sourceforge.net/license.txt

x = r.RooRealVar()
TClass::TClass:0: RuntimeWarning: no dictionary for class stack<RooAbsArg*,deque<RooAbsArg*> > is available
[/code]

Did anybody else noticed it?

Thanks,

Maurizio

Maurizio,

this is caused by the public, static, data member _ioReadStack of RooAbsArg. The latter is (eventually) a base class of RooRealVar. All static datamembers are bound at class construction.

The _ioReadStack variable was apparently added w/o a request to build the dictionary (in the corresponding Linkdef.h) in September last year. I don’t know why it is public. If it matters, we can ask Wouter.

Otherwise, the warning is harmless unless that public data member is used (which is unlikely). It can be suppressed using:import warnings warnings.filterwarnings( action='ignore', category=RuntimeWarning, message='.*class stack<RooAbsArg\*,deque<RooAbsArg\*> >' )
Cheers,
Wim

Dear experts,

I see this error [1] when trying to run the ProfileLikelihood method for the Higgs combined tool. I am aiming to get the significance of the signal. I get values equal to zero each time I run over a given datacard (I tried several ones, also ones that I know should give a different value) and a p-value equal to 0.5 each time. I suspect this warning might be related to the tool not being able to somehow provide an accurate significance?

Any suggestion or advice will be very welcome,
Thanks a lot for your time,
Jasone

[1] TClass::TClass:0: RuntimeWarning: no dictionary for class stack<RooAbsArg*,deque<RooAbsArg*> > is available

Jasone,

this warning certainly nothing to do with the behavior of the C++ side of any code: it tell you that you can not access the data member, so until you do, nothing bad will happen.

Beyond that, if you want specific feedback/help on the code you’re running, please post the smallest possible reproducer.

Cheers,
Wim