Running multiple simulations in different terminals

Hi all,

I am running a simulation of 500.000 and the procedure is being killed on lxplus due to lack of memory or time. So, I would like to split the procedure in different terminals (e.g. the first one runs for 0-10.000 , then i require the second one to skip the first 10.000 and start from 10.001 to 20.000 and so on until 500.000).
I don’t know how am I going to avoid overwriting the outputs, I don’t understand how to skip every ten thousand events.
Any suggestions how to do this in general?

Thank you in advance,
Steven

Hi steven,

A simulation of what?
I strongly advice you to use lxbatch, i.e. batch jobs, instead of multiple runs on lxplus which is intended as a cluster for interactive usage.

Danilo

[quote=“dpiparo”]Hi steven,

A simulation of what?
I strongly advice you to use lxbatch, i.e. batch jobs, instead of multiple runs on lxplus which is intended as a cluster for interactive usage.

Danilo[/quote]

Hi Danilo,

I have simulated 500000 muons and I want to pass them to the reconstruction and when I run it for all , it is being killed after some time. Any useful links for the lxbatch ?

Thank you,
Steven

Steven,

If you are working with an experiment framework, my advice would be to use the job submission system of the experiment.
As for lxbatch: information-technology.web.cern. … ices/batch
Please note that this thread is not about ROOT anymore.

Danilo