RubyRoot not working

Hi,

I explained this problem in a different thread following some of the answers but I thought it might be better to create a new one since the problem is different. The thing is that even dough I have compiled ROOT with --enable-ruby and all evironment variables are well defined I cannot run ruby with ROOT support:

$ echo $ROOTSYS /Users/juanpe/root $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH /lib:/Users/juanpe/root/lib:/lib: $ echo $RUBYLIB /Users/juanpe/root/lib:/lib:

$ ruby -r`root-config --libdir`/libRuby demo.rb /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': cannot load such file -- /Users/juanpe/root/lib/libRuby (LoadError) from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'

Here demo.rb is the tutorial that comes in the root/tutorials/ruby folder. The library is supposed to be there:

$ l $ROOTSYS/lib/libRuby* -rw-r--r-- 1 juanpe staff 55B Aug 22 18:11 /Users/juanpe/root/lib/libRuby.rootmap -rwxr-xr-x 1 juanpe staff 70K Aug 22 18:14 /Users/juanpe/root/lib/libRuby.so

Is there something missing or is it something which is not completely working yet?

Cheers,
Juanpe.

Are you using ROOT 5 or 6? Ruby is not yet supported by ROOT 6? See the ROOT 6 release notes.

I am using ROOT 5.34.20 for now. I haven’t moved yet to 6.

Hi,

Since anyone is answering can I asume that ruby is not well supported in root? I mean, something is missing but anyone has still finished it?