RooWorkspace

Hi all,

I’m trying to import 2 p.d.fs that share some variables in a RooWorkspace. I got the error message
that the variables are “already in the workspace and no conflict resolution protocol specified”.
I cannot manage to resolve the problem with RenameConflictNodes(const char* suffix), RenameVariable(const char* inputName, const char* outputName), etc … proposed here:
root.cern.ch/root/html/RooWorkspace.html

do you have any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance!
Walaa

Hi,

you probably have better chance of expert help on the “Stat and Math Tool Support”. If you believe the issue is specific to Python, then please post some code that shows the problem.

Cheers,
Wim

Hi,

I used RooSimultaneous to perform a Simultaneous fit on 2 datasets using 2 p.d.fs. that have some components in common. Now, I want to divide each dataset in 4 subdatasets. So, I end up with 8 datasets and 2 pdf.
In order to use RooSimWSTool, I imported a RooWorkspace from ROOT:
w = RooWorkspace(“w”)
wimport = getattr(w,‘import’)
wimport(RooArgSet(AngBd_2011p.model,AngBd_2011n.model,cat))

AngBd_2011p.model,AngBd_2011n.model are my p.d.fs and cat is a RooCategory
I got the error :
ERROR:ObjectHandling – RooWorkSpace::import(w) ERROR object named angular Bd2011_neg_: component(s) (psACPBd,ACPpaBd,ACPpeBd) already in the workspace and no conflict resolution protocol specified

I cannot manage to resolve the problem with RenameConflictNodes(const char* suffix), RenameVariable(const char* inputName, const char* outputName), etc … proposed here:
root.cern.ch/root/html/RooWorkspace.html

I’m working in /cvmfs/lhcb.cern.ch/lib/lhcb/URANIA/ (x86_64-slc5-gcc46-opt not gcc43) with ROOTVERS=5.34.10 and PythonVERS=2.7.3

Thank you very much for your help!
Cheers,
Walaa

Hi,

In the example code, I don’t see any python-specific problems and so to do anything else I’d need to be able to execute the code (i.e. including the data sets to reproduce).

But I noticed you also opened [url]RooWorkspace so I hope you get better response there.

Cheers,
Wim