RooUnfold installation in lxplus

While doing make command for the RooUnfold, I am getting this error:

$ make
Use ROOT 6.12/07 for linuxx8664gcc from /cvmfs/cms.cern.ch/slc7_amd64_gcc700/cms/cmssw/CMSSW_10_2_11/external/slc7_amd64_gcc700/bin/../../../../../../../slc7_amd64_gcc700/lcg/root/6.12.07-gnimlf5
Making /afs/cern.ch/user/s/ssnehshu/predocProject/CMSSW_10_2_11/src/RooUnfold/build/linuxx8664gcc/dep/RooFitUnfold.d
/afs/cern.ch/user/s/ssnehshu/predocProject/CMSSW_10_2_11/src/RooUnfold/src/RooFitUnfold.cxx:21:10: fatal error: RooWrapperPdf.h: No such file or directory
 #include "RooWrapperPdf.h"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
Compiling /afs/cern.ch/user/s/ssnehshu/predocProject/CMSSW_10_2_11/src/RooUnfold/src/RooFitUnfold.cxx
/afs/cern.ch/user/s/ssnehshu/predocProject/CMSSW_10_2_11/src/RooUnfold/src/RooFitUnfold.cxx:21:10: fatal error: RooWrapperPdf.h: No such file or directory
 #include "RooWrapperPdf.h"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [GNUmakefile:333: /afs/cern.ch/user/s/ssnehshu/predocProject/CMSSW_10_2_11/src/RooUnfold/build/linuxx8664gcc/obj/RooFitUnfold.o] Error 1

ROOT Version: 6.12/07
Platform: lxplus

Hello,

This is an error using a package RooUnfold which is not part of ROOT.
I think however the error is caused by using a too old version of ROOT, RooWrapperPdf was introduced in ROOT version 6.20 and you are using a very old version 6.12. The solution is to use a most recent version of ROOT, like the recommended one, 6.28

Lorenzo

Thank you so much.
My current ROOT version is 6.24/08. But when i am giving the command ‘cmsenv’ the ROOT version is changed to 6.12. Also, in the newer version, I am getting the error:

root [0] .L examples/RooUnfoldExample.cxx 
In file included from input_line_8:1:
/afs/cern.ch/user/s/ssnehshu/predocProject/CMSSW_10_2_11/src/RooUnfold/examples/RooUnfoldExample.cxx:54:3: error: unknown type name 'RooUnfoldResponse'
  RooUnfoldResponse response (40, -10.0, 10.0);
  ^
/afs/cern.ch/user/s/ssnehshu/predocProject/CMSSW_10_2_11/src/RooUnfold/examples/RooUnfoldExample.cxx:77:3: error: unknown type name 'RooUnfoldBayes'
  RooUnfoldBayes   unfold (&response, hMeas, 4);    // OR
$ cmsenv
$ root
   ------------------------------------------------------------
  | Welcome to ROOT 6.12/07                http://root.cern.ch |
  |                               (c) 1995-2017, The ROOT Team |
  | Built for linuxx8664gcc                                    |
  | From tag , 9 February 2018                                 |
  | Try '.help', '.demo', '.license', '.credits', '.quit'/'.q' |
   ------------------------------------------------------------

root [0]

It looks like Roounfold is present also in the cms (CMSSW) environment. You should probably use consistent versions, not mixing the two

Got it now.
Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.