ROOTSYS with trailing '/' and ACLIC problem

Hi,

I’m not quite sure if the problem I’ve encountered is a bug, so I gonna post here.

I’ve recently compiled ROOT 4.04/02g on FC4 with gcc 4.0.1. Apart from a problem building xrootd (which I don’t need anyway) everthing went fine.
Now I’m trying to create a shared lib of one of my classes with ACLIC. It always fails with:

root [0] .L TCategory.cc++
Info in <TUnixSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /home/petzold/work/ISR/IsrIncl/./TCategory_cc.so
Error: class,struct,union or type T not defined  FILE:/opt/root/V04.04.02g//cint/lib/prec_stl/vector LINE:44
Error: Unexpected EOF G__exec_statement() FILE:/opt/root/V04.04.02g//cint/lib/prec_stl/vector LINE:209
Error: Unexpected EOF G__fgetname():2 FILE:/opt/root/V04.04.02g//cint/lib/prec_stl/vector LINE:209
Error: Unexpected EOF G__fgetvarname():2 FILE:/opt/root/V04.04.02g//cint/lib/prec_stl/vector LINE:209
Error: Unexpected EOF G__fgetstream():2 FILE:/opt/root/V04.04.02g//cint/lib/prec_stl/vector LINE:209
Syntax Error:  Maybe missing ';' FILE:/opt/root/V04.04.02g//cint/lib/prec_stl/vector LINE:209
Warning: Error occured during reading source files
Warning: Error occured during dictionary source generation
!!!Removing /home/petzold/work/ISR/IsrIncl/./fileWObVf4.cxx /home/petzold/work/ISR/IsrIncl/./fileWObVf4.h !!!
Error: rootcint: error loading headers...
Error in <ACLiC>: Dictionary generation failed!
Info in <ACLiC>: Invoking compiler to check macro's validity
Info in <ACLiC>: The compiler has not found any problem with your macro.
        Probably your macro uses something rootcint can't parse.
        Check http://root.cern.ch/root/Cint.phtml?limitations for Cint's limitations.

I’ve found some postings describing a similar problem on FC3
http://root.cern.ch/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1474&
but no solution was ever found.

After staring at my screen for hours I finally was able to figure out what was going on. Compilation always fails with above error message when my ROOTSYS contained a trailing slash like /opt/root/. When it doesn’t contain the trailing slash (/opt/root) all is well. I really have not the slightest idea what is going on. Maybe some parser chokes on the double slash in the path name?

OBTW, test/DrawTest.sh shows the same behavior.

Does anyone have an idea who is to blame here?

Cheers,

Andreas

Hi,

I can not reproduce the problem.
I recommend that your first try with the latest ROOT (from the CVS repository).

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi Philippe

[quote=“pcanal”]Hi,

I can not reproduce the problem.
I recommend that your first try with the latest ROOT (from the CVS repository).

Cheers,
Philippe.[/quote]

looks like it works with the latest CVS version. Sigh. At least others now can find a solution, if they run into the problem.

For the record, the problem occurs with ROOT V4.04.02f/g on FC3/4 and with gcc3.4/4. I tried also with gcc3.2.3 on FC3 and it works ok.

Cheers,

Andreas