$ROOTSYS/test cannot be found

Hi,

I am a pretty new for root. I installed homebrew and then root on mac. The version I installed is 6.28.04. I am trying to run the copytree3() script, but I got “unknown type name Event” error. I tried to locate $ROOTSYS/test, but then I found that there is no such a file with the name “test” installed there. I was reading the ROOTUsersguide, and a file (which includes hsimple.cxx, MainEvent.cxx,… and so on) with the name “test” should be installed somewhere, but I could not find it anywhere. There is no .cxx file installed in root.

The root I installed worked for the short scripts created by myself which I thought the installment was OK.

May I ask if there is anyway that I can download the “test” file anywhere? Or the “test” file was deleted after some version of root?

Hi @HaoZ ,

I have just tried to execute the copytree3.C tutorial and I can reproduce the missing executable problem. I have opened a github issue to keep track of the issue Missing `test` installation folder in $ROOTSYS · Issue #13548 · root-project/root · GitHub

If you are able to write your own applications using ROOT (in either C++ or Python) and those work fine, then I would say there is nothing particularly wrong with your installation. Let me know if you experience other issues.

Cheers,
Vincenzo

Hi Vincenzo,
Thank you so much for your response. I will also keep an eye on the on the github issue you posted.

Best,
HZ

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.