RootIDE not working on linux

Hello,
I have tried the program in $ROOTSYS/test/RootIDE both on Windows XP with ROOT 5.19/04 and on linux with ROOT 5.19/02
On Windows, the problem was that the provided Makefile did not work. Writing my own makefile.mak, everything was ok and the program worked ok.
On linux, the provided Makefile worked, but the program RIDE did not worked. It failed with the message:
Error in : BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) (XID: 15749119, XREQ: 88)
Thanks for your help

Hi Francois-Xavier,

Could you tell me how it failed? I don’t see any problem at all with the makefile…

[quote]On linux, the provided Makefile worked, but the program RIDE did not worked. It failed with the message:
Error in : BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) (XID: 15749119, XREQ: 88)[/quote]
What looks strange is that XREQ: 88 means FreeColors…
I will try to reproduce the problem, but I need to know: which flavor of Linux?, which compiler?, did you compile ROOT from source or did you take a binary tarball?

Cheers,
Bertrand.

Hi Bertrand,
The quoted problem disappear on Linux if I go to Root version 5.19/04. So forget it concerning Linux
Concerning Windows, if I type [in the Visual C++9.0 command prompt window]:
==> nmake -f Makefile
I get:
Microsoft ® Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022.08
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

…/Makefile.arch(8) : fatal error U1033: syntax error : ‘=’ unexpected
Stop.

Perhaps the Makefile is to be used under cygwin? But since a long time, compiling a ROOT program under cygwin does not work on my PC [and on the PC of my colleagues at Saclay], and I am not able to find an expert of cygwin at Saclay.

Hi Francois-Xavier,

Yes, the makefile is for cygwin. But if you want, I can send you a makefile for nmake… or you can write your own, by taking $ROOTSYS/test/Makefile.win32 as an example…

Cheers,
Bertrand.

It is ok, Bertrand. I have written my own makefile.mak and it works. Thanks for your help